Whenever New Year’s Eve comes, which means it’s time to start thinking about solutions.
Why not make every year commit to bullet journaling? If you are not familiar with the term, here is a quick breakdown of what I am talking about:
Essentially, it is a combination of diary and notes… and there are more. If you want to get more information before diving right in, please check this post.
I have written a diary for more than five years, but recently this process feels very old. Therefore, I decided to study bullet journaling. It turns out that this is a simple way to get the benefits of the diary function without writing paragraphs about your daily life. This is really great.
To help you (and me) get started, I have collected some tips and tricks to help you make the most of the bullet journaling experience:
1. Choose a Journal You Find Aesthetically Pleasing
(You’ll be more likely to want to pick it up and fill it out each day)
If you choose your favorite journal (not even writing anything), then you will definitely work hard every day. I personally like this colorful thing, it has a variety of colors and internal styles and comes with an inner bag.
The Bullet Journal’s official website said: “The two main things to keep in mind are size and quality. If it’s too big you’ll never take it with you. If it’s too small it will be impractical. Be sure to get something that’s rugged enough to keep up with you.” So keep this in mind when making choices.
2. Buy rolls of washi tape and stickers, because customizing your journal is half the fun!
I have been thinking about buying paper tape, but it has never really been purposeful. There are many cute styles that you can use to make your own bullet journal. This set comes from 50 different ~ glittery ~ rolls.
You can also choose some stickers to emphasize your plan.
3. Pick up colorful writing utensils so you can color-code your lists to your heart’s desire.
Since I started working in the media, I have been using pens of different colors to do to-do items, so it seems effortless to continue using the system in my bullet journal. I like basic gel pens, such as the gel pen from Amazon.
If you want to take the journal’s handwriting to the next level, I also recommend that you choose an affordable calligraphy starter kit.
You can also become very cunning and use watercolor paint to create beautiful titles and backgrounds to write on.
4. Keep a roll of correction tape on hand, because *deep breaths* mistakes do happen.
I like my shit, and I think if you are going to have a bullet journal, you will feel the same way. When I was in high school and college, if my class notes were not neat, I would rewrite them. You simply cannot (and should not) use bullet journals to do this. Instead, use the godsend of the product to correct any mistakes you may make without destroying the beauty of your book.
Promising comment: “I like these correction tapes! You don’t have to worry about drying time like liquid products. The appearance of the tape is beautiful and smooth, and it can perfectly cover all ‘oops’. Good design, I like color!” Briggs
5. Work on your journal during your morning/evening commute (if you take public transportation).
After jumping into the bullet diary world, my biggest worry is whether I have enough time to actually fill it out. I suggest you set up all the charts in advance-set aside some time and spend a fun night full of colors and paintings. Then, you can put your diary in your backpack and actually fill in the latest developments during the trip. Lighthearted.
6. Buy a printable journal to take the hard part out of decorating and customizing, so you can just focus on your own growth.
To be honest, after browsing countless pages in the endless bullet diary layout, I feel a little scared to create my own diary. This pre-made toolkit will handle the most difficult part for me (maybe for you!). With just one click, you can become the bullet dairy queen.
Get it from LittleCoffeeFoxShop in Etsy for $27.
7. Sign up for a monthly sticker subscription box, so you can beautify your bullet journal with minimal hassle.
The Sticker Guru subscription box will send planner stickers (and extra gifts!) To your door every month to start setting up the next entry in the bullet journal in time!
Promising comment: “Getting these stickers is my top priority this month. It has also helped me reduce my spending on stickers because I can stretch them throughout the entire four-week period !! Very cute, I like to check out the different shops they open. “-Lily
8. Set a single goal to track for the entire year on a two-page spread.
As I pointed out, I am really focused on saving money every year (good luck), and one of the places I know I can reduce expenses is fancy coffee drinks. Using Bullet Diary, I can create a chart, draw a chart for the entire year, and use it to track my Starbucks spending. Choose the habit you want to track or an aspect of life, and you can improve and create your own charts every day.
9. Go list crazy by making (and keeping) as many as you want in your bullet journal. No one can stop you from living your truth!
You can track too many list options in a bullet journal. You can list all the goods you want to buy every week (or every month or every year), what you want to buy, what you want to eat every day, every movie you watch and its evaluation, every gift you receive… and LISTS LISTS always exist.
10. Use your bullet journal to perfectly plan your next vacation (or to just daydream about it).
If you have a wanderlust, why not use a diary to plan your ideal vacation? Create a beautiful list of buckets and pay attention (of course in the form of a list) to where you are going and what you want to do while there. If you are already traveling, please use the diary plan packing list or itinerary. You can also use the “Holidays” section of your diary to track your dream vacation or save important facts about the location.
11. Map out your spending and savings in a clean chart, so you’ll actually understand where all of your hard-earned dollars are going (thanks, bullet journal!).
My husband and I are plotting for a house (frightening, so adult), which includes a lot of strategic expenses. The first thing I did was write a chart to determine how much we need to save each month, in addition to each bill and other expenses. Therefore, you can only imagine that I can find countless easy ways to track the excitement of spending through bullet diaries! Whether you are out of savings goals or just want to be more organized, this is a chart that can help you.
12. Check out the various bullet-journaling hashtags on Instagram for a whole slew of inspirational pages and ideas.
While studying this diary record exercise, I learned bullet diary records (or cool kids call it “BuJo”). Just search for #BuJo to produce more than 2 million results. You can also check out #bujomonthly, #bulletjournalideas, #bujoinspiration, and of course #bulletjournal (there are over 2 million results) to get ideas on how to format your own pages.
13. Turn your pages into a minimalist’s dream by using a simple design that even a first-time bullet-journal maker could master.
If the beautiful page scares you, take a shorter route. Use pure black ink to do your business. You can use clear and clear lines to outline each page, and the design can increase the speed. Remember: this is your diary! You can operate according to your wishes, so if you follow the motto “less is better”, please let your page reflect it.
14. Make each monthly calendar super festive, so you can look forward to whatever is going on that month from Day 1.
First of all, I hope I can create the same amazing features as the calendar page of December this year. The calendar pages in the bullet journal are often used to plan daily tasks. If your page looks festive, you will be more inspired than ever to accomplish things. Crazy in the birthday month of the sparkle and birthday cake illustration, in the Christmas decoration hall, crazy in April … you will find drift.
15. Theme some of your bullet journal pages around a specific topic like working out, self-care, meal prep, etc.
One of my personal goals is to really increase my exercise time. At present, most of my morning work is at 6:30 in the morning, but I have been working hard to expand the class after work. I know that if I can mark it on a beautiful chart, I will feel more satisfied. I can completely see that this is motivating the idea of preparing meals this week (and executing them), setting a meditation schedule, or just tracking the mood of the day.
16. Use your bullet journal to help yourself be better at adulting overall by tracking things like doctor’s appointments and household chores.
When I need to make an appointment to see a doctor, dentist, optometrist, etc., I will not be the only one who is annoying dating. Make these appointments, then go to the calendar to write down the date you actually made the appointment! So satisfying.
17. Purchase easy-to-use templates, which will help you create the bullet journal pages of your dreams even if you don’t have any artistic ability whatsoever!
I like the look of carefully crafted bullet journal pages, but I must admit that I simply do n’t have the skills to put them together. Fortunately for me and my classmate art losers, we can purchase pre-made templates to make our pages look as gorgeous as real art artists!
- Super Hacks to Save You from Embarrassing Situations
- Common Habits That Damage Our Health
- Never do This When You Wake Up in the Morning